Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Artivism: My Artful Activism

Quin Sweetman, "Artful Activism, St. Johns Bridge", Oil on Canvas, 16x20"
Here's the painting I made during the protest. It was made on site, otherwise known as "Plein Air Painting" and hence, has an "unfinished" impressionist quality, which I think adds to the feeling of action. Several people have expressed interest in bidding on this work to benefit efforts to fight drilling in the arctic. I will post an auction site soon, but for now, please send me your contact information if you would like to be notified of the auction or purchase a print of my painting. Many thanks! Quin Sweetman, Artivist

Update: Plein Air Today covered my painting and wrote a nice piece about Artful Activism http://www.outdoorpainter.com/parting-shot-activism-art-artivism/

No comments:

Post a Comment